September 11, 2004

News from the world of Em....

Feastday of St. Syprian

I know I've neglected my poor lil blog but no more! I've started my junior year of college and so far it's been pretty good. I like my classes and profs, so no complaints. I've also finalized my October visit with the Nashville Dominicans! I'm going to see them from the 8th to the 12th and am very excited about it =) It will give me a chance to really see their life and see if this is something for me. Only 28 days!
In the midst of my happiness, there is also pain. My youngest cousin Andrew was diagnosed with A.L.L. leukemia on Monday. It was a hard blow to the family because my uncle Andrew was also diagnosed with cancer when he entered high school and it was the exact same high school cousin Andy was going to enter. Also, my uncle Andrew died of the cancer in 1984. Right now the doctors say the cancer is treatable and it was caught in the early stages. It's times like this that I wish I was closer to them. Right now my college is five hours away from home. So I'm praying for him, that he makes it through and can look back on this in years to come. If you could add him to your prayers, I would be most grateful. Anyway, I have to get back to reading for my ed. class so bye and God Bless!

St. Peregrine, pray for us!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?