March 17, 2005

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

+JMJ
Feastday of St. Patrick

Happy St. Patrick's Day readers! Recently things have been going pretty good. All except for the fact that it's paper writing time. Here, unlike my home college, you just do one paper and one final exam for each one of your classes. So I have two papers due the 23rd of March and one on the 5th of April. What makes this all the more crazy is that I have a friend from home coming to visit me here on Saturday and my Mom arrives the 29th! I'm very excited for both of those visits though. My mom hasn't had a real vacation in ages and she totally deserves one! So, we're gonna run around like crazy people and I'm sure there will be many interesting entries born out of that =)

Spiritually I think I'm doing good as well. I've been trying to say the rosary everyday and it has really helped to kick start my prayer life. I've also been talking to more people about vocation stuff, which helps a lot. The vast majority of my friends don't know about my nun aspirations, so I can't talk to them. It helps to have people who are going through the same thing you are. In this vein, I got a LiveJournal. Don't worry, I'm still going to update here, but if you have a livejournal let me know and I'll add you.
Em's LJ
One of the girls I've been talking with is entering the Sisters Servants of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I had looked at this community before,but I hadn't really done anything about it. Talking with her really piqued my interest in the community so I emailed them. No response yet, but I'm hoping soon! One really cool aspect about them is that they have not 1, not 2 but 3 weeks of home visit in the summer! Now, I'm not going to enter just because of that,but it is a really neat aspect. Another exiting thing is that I'm going to be in London for Easter! I really want to go to Westminster Cathedral for Easter! I was just looking at the schedule, check this out

Monday to Friday
Masses: 7.00am; 8.00am; 10.30am (said in Latin); 12.30pm;
1.05pm; and 5.30pm.
Morning Prayer (Lady Chapel): 7.40am.
Evening Prayer (Latin Vespers* sung by the Lay Clerks in Lady Chapel): 5.00pm (*except Tuesday when it is sung in English).
Solemn Mass (sung by the Choir): 5.30pm.
Rosary will be prayed after the 5.30pm Mass.

AHHHH! A mass and evening prayer in LATIN! I have surely died and gone to Heaven! I can just imagine how beautiful it is going to be ::sighs::
Allrighty, I'm off to go squee over how totally awesome Easter is going to be!

Comments:
Emily,

I just noticed yo uwere interested in the Sister Servants of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. I have been there twice. They are cool. My household from Steubenville used to have our household retreats there. They are Franciscans and they have a very similar charism to the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George in Alton (although they wear a full habit and they are Polish instead of German). I did like them and they were a community I visited to rule out the Martyrs. I did that with the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, too, and look where I am going to end up...
 
Wow, that's really cool! I'll have to chat with you more about them =) That's funny that you visited the Sister Servants to rule them out, God is really funny sometimes....
 
I was going through your blogg emaily and noticed that JVD said somethng about the FSGM Sisters!!!! I grew up knowing the coomunity and their sisters inspired me greatly to discern this call to the religious life. I have noticed that FSGM Sisters aren't very helpful when talking about vocations. Although there are a few who support one who is discerning the call but on day at school I was yelled at by one of their Sisters because I was thinking about the vocation. Their Mother general isn't supportive at all and I've known her for 3 years now. But after 3 rejection letters or emails, I have found my community, that is the Sisters of Nazareth. I am going into their summer program and will be sent to London for my noviciate!!!!! Too exciting!!!!!!!! But you are right, God does work in mysterious ways. And sometimes our Holy Mother Mary will help out too!!!! I know that from experience!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?