March 18, 2005

Mail & Males.....

+JMJ
Feastday of St. Cyril of Jerusalem

Hey All! Yesterday I emailed Sr. Mary Emily of the Nashville Dominicans because I was wondering about the whole letter writing policy. Thought y'all might be interested too so here goes:
Hi Sr. Mary Emily! I was talking to a friend of mine about Nashville and the letter writing policies and I was just looking for some clarification. Are the sisters letters censored? Also, I know that you can write letters two times a month except for Advent and Lent,but does this mean only two letters a month, or just two times and you can write all the letters you want? Thanks for all your help, just wanted to clear that up!
In Christ,Emily
ps-Have you all moved into the new wing yet? I can't wait to see this months pictures on the website!

Dear Emily,
Greetings from Nashville! No, we have not moved yet, but will be very soon. It is exciting!! Usually the letters are not censored, but they could be. The sisters write letters two times a month to family but only write two friends a month. So you could be writing many family members but just one friend each time. Hope this helps. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
In Christ,Sister Mary Emily

So that's the story. I'm glad the letters aren't censored, I think I would feel all self-conscious if I knew that the Mother General was going to be reading them. Another interesting thing about Nashville is that you can't write to men. Yup, that's right chicas! You can write to male relatives and priests but no other men. I don't know the "official" reasoning behind this, but I know that some of the sisters gave up boyfriends and fiances and stuff before entering, so that might have something to do with it. So, there's your bit of nun-sense for the day!

p.s.-I really want them to update the Motherhouse Development site , I need my pictures!!

Comments:
that is definitely good stuff...i feel blessed just to receive a reply to my letters! :)
Emily, yes, it is exciting to know that I am officially a YM now...its shocking and exciting all wrapped 2gether...hope to get to know you more too.

To Jesus through Mary,
Deepa

ps. I am also looking fwd to the time when they will update the pictures...
 
Hey Deepa! I love talking to the Sisters, they just make so much sense and put me at ease! You can't imagine (well, maybe you can...) how nervous I was going to visit them. When I got there though, just total peace and lots of fun. Congrats again on your new job and lots of prayers for your housing situation!

-Emily
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?