April 25, 2005

Five more weeks.....

+JMJ
Feastday of St. Mark

As the title says, I've only got five more weeks until I go home. It's kind of a bittersweet feeling right now. On one hand I really love Scotland and the university but on the other I'm sooo excited to see my friends and visit some convents this summer. In the present, I'm going to Ireland on Wednesday!! Two friends and I are going to Dublin and Galway for five days and I am mucho excited!!

After I get back from Ireland, I have two days and then it's off to Prague with my flatmate Tracy! Do you know what that means??? I get to see the original Infant Jesus of Prague! I am such a Catholic dork, but it's okay :) After my crazy travels, I have a week of studying and then a my three finals (boo!). When all that is over, I have about a week left before I fly home on May 29th. I've written to the nuns of Tyburn Convent to see if I can stay with them for a couple of days that week. Seriously, how cool would that be?!

My summer nun-run seems to be coming together quite nicely, I'm definitely visiting the Apostles of the Sacred Heart and the Brooklyn Visitation Sisters. I won't get to visit the SMMEs for their professions, but oh well!

That's all for now!

Comments:
Hi Emily!
What do you think of the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma? I've been discerning too. I visited their convent in Maryland and was very impressed. I hope to visit Alma this summer!
God bless...
 
Hi! I haven't met the Sisters but I've heard good things about them. I would love to vsit them, maybe sometime soon! Thanks for stopping by!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?