April 03, 2005

Good-Bye and God Speed Papa!

+JMJ

Last night when Mom and I got back to our hotel, we turned on Sky News and saw that the Pope had died. Italy is only one hour ahead of Scotland,so we knew pretty soon after the fact. We had been watching the news the past few days and seeing the Masses from all over the world. It was just amazing how the Church came together to say good-bye. I brought with me my Rosary that I got in 2000 when my Mom, Grandma, Aunt and I went to Itlay. It was a special Rosary for the Jubilee year, and was blessed by the Pope. Saying the Rosary this morning had so much extra meaning for me. I looked to see what Mysteries were for today and how appropriate that it was the Glorious ones. Our Holy Father has been gloriously taken into Heaven to be with God.

I also thought of something that my Grandmother once told me; after her son had died at 22 from cancer, the priest who gave Last Rites said "now you don't pray for him, you pray to him." Knowing that Papa is looking out for us all is very comforting to me.

Here are the remarks that Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor said yesterday:

"We have lost a great leader of our modern world. John Paul II was an extraordinary man, one of the greatest popes in the Church’s 2,000-year history. We will remember him for his tireless witness to hope, to freedom, and to the dignity of human life. We will remember him for his courage in reaching across the boundaries of race, religion and ideology; we will remember him for his energy, as well as for his courageous endurance of physical suffering right until the end. John Paul II was always conscious of the drama of human salvation; he reminded us, tirelessly, of our eternal destiny. He showed, in his own life, how human beings are at their greatest and most free when they are most obedient to God’s will. His was a light that burned most strongly wherever the darkness was deepest. The Church will miss him. The world will miss him. I will miss him."

Hail Mary in Polish

Zdrowaś Maryjo, łaski pełna,
Pan z Tobą,
błogosławionaś Ty między niewiastami
i błogosławiony owoc żywota Twojego, Jezus.
Święta Maryjo, Matko Boża,
módl się za nami grzesznymi
teraz i w godzinę śmierci naszej.
Amen.


Pope John Paul II, Requiescat in Pace.

Comments:
Since Friday I have been praying for Pope John paul II, I have ven cried for 3 days ina row!!! He is the only Pope I have known since I was born and have recited his name several times at mass and seen pictures of Him hanging in my school since grade school. When He died I spent over an hour in Adoration in the chruch that has an Angel shape from sky veiw!!! I even made a flyer so to speak with Pictiures and 2 quotes that were mentioned all weekend; "Be Not Afraid" and "I have looked for You, You have come to me, I THANK YOU!!!" I made two different ones, I even put one on my locker at school and got critizied for it from friends and classmates. But I didn't care because of the reason why i put it on my locker. Our Bishop has declared Friday off for the Cathoilc Schools in the diocese. And the students are happy and keep bragging abou it to the public kids that we have the day off because a Pope died. I think it is so wrong that they don't even care or realize the important of why we have the day off. But the teachers and Sister and even myself keep reminding the students why and that it is respect for a Leader for so long.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?