June 10, 2005

Life goes on.....

+JMJ
Feastday of Blessed Joachima

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all my friends for their support during this time. Things here have calmed down a bit, so that's nice. Mom and I are adjusting to being on our own, but it's strange. I've started summer classes (ugh!) but they're only until July 12th so maybe I'll survive :)

In other news, I'm going to visit the Apostles of the Sacred Heart on Sunday!!! I'm soo excited and I hope it all goes well. This is my first visit to a convent since Nashville in October and I hope I don't compare them in my head the whole time. It's just that I really fell in love with the Dominicans, but I wanna give the Apostles a fair chance. Back to the Dominicans (ha I just can't escape them!) They are celebrating their 200 anniversary for the province of St.Joseph aka the northeast. This morning five brothers have been ordained to the Holy Priesthood, pray for them! That's all for now, be good kids!

Comments:
I'm excited for you!

I've been discerning too. I would really recommend the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma. They are a great community and I got to know them in DC. I'm thinking of entering, but I want to finish school first. Just from reading here, you seem like a good fit with them. But, it's hard to really know a person from a blog, so my advice might be all wrong! God bless...
 
Hi! Thanks for the tip about the Sisters of Mercy! I've actually been in contact with them and want to visit their convent in CT. What are they like? Just wondering...thanks for stopping by!
 
Their two main apostolates are education and health care. They teach at all levels and they have their own clinics. All of the sisters go on to higher education. But they take a vow of service, and they serve the Church in many humble ways, even with their PhDs! They sing the office every day and have a Holy Hour every day. They wear a long traditional habit. They have a lot of sisters in early formation, so they are a growing community. They are also very real people. What struck me the most about them is how joyful they are and how much they love each other.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?