June 02, 2005

R.I.P.

+JMJ

I wanted to let everyone know that my father died on May 28th after a short battle with cancer. Mom was the last person to see him and she said that he was peaceful and seemingly not in pain. I will be forever grateful that I was able to come back early from study abroad and see him. God has given Mom and I enormous strength and I think we'll be okay.

Life and living definitely have new meaning for me because I know how quickly they can be taken away. I will try my best not to take people for granted and live for the moment. Finally, I am very pleased to say that Dad was accepting of my vocation before he died. It was a big step for him but he told me that I have to do what makes me happy. Having my fathers blessing makes me more confident to pursue my vocation, whatever/wherever that might be.

Comments:
Dear Emily,
I am praying for you, your family, and your Dad. Gosh, I don't even know you, but I was touched by what you wrote, and the loss you just experienced. I am in formation with a religious community at this time. My Mom died when I was 13, so I know what it is like to lose a parent at a young age. It does make you stronger, if you let it. May God bless you for being open to His grace, and His call to religious life. You seem very determined, very ready to take on whatever He may be asking of you. I pray that you find the right community and that you may be peaceful.
 
Thank you so much! Hearing that really helps me with my convictions about religious life. Which community are you in? Just curious..... God Bless!
 
Dear Emily,
We're the same age, and you are so much more mature than me. In Paradise, I'll get to meet your Dad face-to-face so I can congratulate him for having such a remarkable daughter. Love and prayers!
 
I'm sry emily!!!! I dont know what it is like to loose a parent but I know it will be hard for you as time goes by!!! You're in my prayers!!!
 
Dear Emily,

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. Prayers are lifted for the repose of his soul.

~Andrew a.k.a. The "Good" Angry Twin
 
Hi Emily, came your way via a comment you left on Moniales ~ OP.

I will remember you, your Mom and Dad, and your search for a vocation in my rosaries.

John
http://stblogsparish.com
 
I am so sorry about your dad.I will be praying for you and your intentions.Blessings in Christ!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?