November 07, 2005

Monday Night Musings

+JMJ
Feast of All Saints of the Order of Preachers (Dominicans!)

Well my friend Greta has been Sr. Greta for about three hours now and it just blows my mind. I met her when I first visited the Summit Dominicans and I was as nervous as ever! She picked me up at the train station and put me totally at ease. She was an aspirant who was finishing her last week there. The rest they say, is history. It's funny, but she's the first person who I've actually known before they entered. I've talked to some people online and stuff, but never met them until after they entered.

I can't imagine what it must be like for her, but I'm sure it's amazing! Actually she's probably finished up her first meal with the sisters as I'm typing. Anyway, I'm sure we'll be reading lots more about Sr. Greta on the nun's blog and amen for that!

Comments:
That always blows my mind, too!

I have had three (girl) friends who I knew before they entered, plus I know another girl who is entering a Franciscan order in a few weeks. My friend, Alyssa, gives me great hope for my own vocation. "Seeing" one of your friends make the leap is comforting because it makes the sacrifice more real. You knew the person and walked with them before, and then seeing how they live the life makes me think, "You know, you probably could do this, too!"
 
wow, that's amazing that you've known three women who have entered! Yea I totally hear you about making the sacrifice real. In the past I haven't really thought about how people would miss me,but now I do b/c I miss Greta!
 
Hey, Emily, you CAN write Sr. Greta and in just a few months you two will be making TROUBLE in the novitiate! Trouble? Nay! It will be nice to have you. We're looking forward to it!
 
that comment made me laugh because I've already writen a letter to her! I figured since Advent is coming I better get my letters in now! and it's true we will be causing some trouble in the novitiate..hahahaha!
 
LOL emily!!!!! Thats funny, i would have done the same thing writtin right after the person has entered!!!!! What did Sister mean that you 2 will be making toruble in the novicate??? Are you making an aspirancy??? maybe entering??? keep me posted, and if you do enter with them, youll be on my blog for doing so!!!!!
 
I think you'll be making trouble with Sr. Greta!

You know, you might be entering before I do!
 
Yes, Sixtina I will be making an aspirancy with the Summit Nuns (God Willing!) in January.

JVD- yea Sr. Greta and I are gonna be an interesting pair to have in the novitate in Jan. Sister Mary Catherine better watch out! (just kidding Sister ..we would never do anything to you...well..)
 
GOOD FOR YOU Emily!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited for you!!!! How long will you gone during your aspirancy??? And then if all goes well, wil you enter???? Dont cause too much trouble there IN Summit!!!! Every yr a school faculty member would ask me, Nicole wil the nun ever keep you becuase you know you're a trouble maker!?!?!?!" i just laughed, plus he was only kidding around, i dont cause trouble, i make them!!!!! ; )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?