December 20, 2006

Saying it outloud

+JMJ
Feast of St. Dominic of Silos

Today has been good;mostly shopping for family and errands galore. During the day, one of the Sisters of Life called and asked if I was coming over tomorrow for caroling and pre- Christmas fun. I volunteer at one of their convents so I'm pretty familiar with them. Anyway, the sister asked me how my discernment was going and I didn't know what to say. I wanted to tell the sisters I was entering the Apostles in person, but now the question was just hanging there. So I told her that I'm going to enter the Apostles and she was very happy for me. She also said she wouldn't tell the other sisters so I could tell them myself.

Now it may not seem like a big deal, but it felt that way to me. I've really gotten to know the sisters and I feel very comfortable around them. I was actually dreading telling the sisters about my decision because of how they would take it. Well, I've only told one sister, but I'm sure the rest will be just as happy for me. See, that's the essence of a vocation, the inner peace that God gives you. I'm very happy hanging out with the Sisters of Life, but I feel differently when I'm with the Apostles.

With every person I tell of my decision, it becomes more real. To be honest, that feeling is as comforting as it is frightening. Of course I'm scared about the unknown, but hey, that's what trust in God is all about!

Comments:
I am sure that all the Sisters of Life will be happy for you that you have decided your future is with the Apostles . God Bless you Emily this Christmastide.
 
Hi Jennifer! actually I talked to Sr. Mary Gabriel (VD of the Sisters of Life) last week and she was really supportive! Hope you had a great Christmas!
 
That's awesome! I'm glad everything went well. Happy Christmas!
 
With every person I tell of my decision, it becomes more real. To be honest, that feeling is as comforting as it is frightening. Of course I'm scared about the unknown, but hey, that's what trust in God is all about!

That's exactly how I feel.. only I haven't for sure found my order yet. But when I tell someone about my discernment and how I *think* I might have found my order, it all feels more real and more sure.
 
Hi Emily!

Wow it has been forever!! I am extremely happy for you in your decision to enter. May God give you the graces needed for this new life!

Pray for me.

Amy
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?