January 24, 2007

Makin it official......

+JMJ
Feast of St. Francis de Sales

So as most of you know, I have discerned my vocation is with the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. On my last retreat at the Motherhouse, I asked if the provincial superior if I could apply to enter, and she said yes. So my next step is to write a letter to the provincial superior telling her why I want to enter and asking for an application. I still have some school debt to take care of before I enter, but God's will be done!

Just a side note, when I talk about entering the community, I mean the pre-postulancy which is a 3 month period before the official postulant entrance. The pre-postulancy is a period of discernment before taking "the plunge" and entering the community for real. In another post I'll talk about the stages of formation for the Apostles. Anyway, please pray for me and my letterwriting, that God will inspire me to say the right things!

Comments:
Dear Emily,
I was so pleased to learn your news. I'm sure that you will write the letter without much difficulty.!! I've looked at the Apostles' website .... it is a lovely Community.... you are truly blessed to be able to enter it. I will pray for you. God Bless & LOL
 
Keep up the good work.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?